6 AdarII 5774
Facilites, Rules and Hours
Margulis gymnasium features one full size basketball court.
The Indoor Running Track is 16 laps to the mile.
Gymnasium and Track Hours
JCC Membership is required to enter the gym. Please have membership card with you at all times for verification.
Gym Closures/Schedule Changes
Sunday March 2 FULL 6:00pm-700pm Maccabi Tryouts
Sunday, March 9 FULL 5:30pm-6:45pm Jr. Maccabi Team Practice
Sunday, March 16 FULL 5:30pm-6:45pm Jr. Maccabi Team Practice
Sunday, March 30 FULL 5:30pm-7:00pm Jr. Maccabi Social
FULL GYM CLOSED FOR MACCABI AND JUNIOR MACCABI TRYOUTS
Sundays Wednesday 3/2 6:00 -7:00pm 3/5 - 8:00 - 9:45pm
THE TRACK WILL BE CLOSED FOR THE JUNIOR MACCABI BOYS BASEBALL TRYOUTS AND FOR THE FUN RUN ON THE FOLLOWING DATES:
Sunday, April 6th 1:00 - 2:00pm
Sunday, June 1st 1:00 - 2:00pm
Winter Saturday Extended Hours
12/7/2013 - 3/8/2014
Margulis Gym, pool and fitness center will remain open until 9pm.
The gym will close 7:30pm on 12/15, 1/26/14, 2/9/14 and 3/9/14 for Hokoah Sports Club.
Margulis Gymnasium Rules Margulis Gymnasium Rules
- Shirts and other proper athletic attire must be worn at all times.
- Wear athletic shoes only. No black or hard-soled shoes that leave marks are allowed.
- Food and drink prohibited. (Water bottles are allowed)
- Children 12 years of age and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- Be considerate of yourself and others. Profanity, fighting, excessive yelling, and unnecessary aggressiveness will not be tolerated.
- Gymnastics equipment and the gym closet are off limits.
- Please return any balls that you use to the ball cart when finished.
- Keep balls and other equipment away from ceilings, lights, and other electrical devices.
- Open Gym Schedule will vary by season and program. Please check the current Gym Schedule posted outside the gym on the Communication Hub and on line at www.jccmetrowest.org.
- Please leave all gym bags and personal belongings locked in the appropriate locker room.
- Only sports equipment is permitted on gym floor.
- Members must show their card and guests must show their pass to the Gym Reception Staff.
- The Sports & Recreation staff reserves the right to alter the Gym Schedule if necessary. Priority gym usage: classes, leagues, special events, and open play.
- The Sports & Recreation Supervisor on duty has the final say on all Gymnasium related matters.
- Only rubber soled shoes or sneakers permitted.
- Walkers stay to the inside. Joggers pass on the outside.
- No stopping on the track. Rest at the corners.
Children 12 years of age and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
Please be courteous, allowing others to pass.
Basketball Court Rules
- Games played on a "First-come, First-serve" basis.
- All games will be played to 11 (win by one). Winners stay on.
- Players are to call their own fouls.
- Courteous court behavior is required by all players at all times.
- Foul language or physical confrontation is strictly prohibited.
When there are two games being played, the first team of five waiting will play on the first court that opens up.